The alfa version is already in use and can
already be used for your basic registration. It is called 'alfa' because not all features that we want it to
have are implemented, especially the financial system is not finished. It contains the following features:
- Maintain a list of the members of your organisation, consisting of name, address, telephone
numbers birthday, ... etc.
- Group persons in a user defined way. You can e.g. create a complex hierarchical group structure
- Search through all data.
- Registrate events and participants of these events.
- Send mail to all members, or to members of a group, event or other selection. You can also send mails
to let people check their data, send mail with a personal header and send automated mail based on certain
- A highly customizable system of access rights allows members of your organisation to create an account
and log in without showing them personal data that they should not see and disallow them to edit
- A calendar showing upcoming activities and birthdays.
- You are able to see change logs for every change of data. You can for example ask the system "when did
- Toes Online is also able to store information about courses, lessons, trainings or workshops that your
organisation might provide.
- The system has a well tested, stable method for updating the database in case of new versions of the
software, without having to lose any data. Upgrading is just a matter of replacing the old files and
after the admin logs in, following the instructions.
- Other things that can be registered are alumni members of your organisation, locations that your
organisation uses, contact persons of your organisations, donations, committees, the board of your
organisation and their individual functions within the organisation, functions within committees and
many, many other things.
- Management of pictures of persons, locations, committees, etc.
- Import and export data from and to fileformats that Excel and OpenOffice can understand.
The SourceForge page for downloads, news, screenshots, and other documentation can be found here: Toes Online on Sourceforge.
Would Toes Online be useful for my (non-profit) organisation / company / institute / ...?
It might be IF...
- ...your organisation will not grow over approximately 2000 members / employees / persons / .. The system was
aimed at being able to process the dataflow created by organisations of approximately 0-1000 members.
- ...the structure of your organisation is not very specific. For example, say you are some sport organisation
that besides member registration also wants to registrate game results. Then, this system is probably too generic
for you. It will however not be totally useless.
(Also, game results, records and other organisation specific things might be added in the future)
- ...your organisation can comply to the GPL license.