What is Toes Online?
Toes Online is a web-based person registration and management system licensed under GPL, which can be
used by organisations to registrate their members, employees, volunteers or others in an easy and efficient
manner. It is a powerful web almanak and member directory with many features, including e-mailing, grouping
and financial tools, with much focus on security and easy usage.
It was written for a non-profit organisation and is therefore a little bit specialized for organisations
that are (like) non-profit organisations. However, since the system is very general and very customizable,
it can be used for a variety of other things - see the section 'features'.
Requirements and limitations
Toes online is written in C#, is cross-platform available and uses mysql for datastorage. It is available natively in English and Dutch at the moment. Other translations can be added easily.
- [2007-10-21] The upcoming release will take some time to get finished, but will contain a lot of interesting new features and bug fixes. They include: better support for mailing very large groups, a profile page for users, enhanced statistics and improved member image management.
- [2007-08-31] Back after a long silence! But, out of sight, a LOT of development has taken place. Finally the Dutch code has been translated to English and in Toes Online 0.5.0, the newest release, internationalization is added.
- [2007-03-29] After the 0.4.0 release, some people came up with quite some (mostly cosmetic) bugs, and since most of them have been solved and I'm planning some changes with quite some impact, I decided it was time for yet another release. Thanks go to Carolien and Judith for their bug hunt. Some additional good news: the next release 0.5.0 will have an English translation! I'll start internationalizing right now.
- [2007-03-23] After a long period of no releases, the old system has finally been rewritten to C# / .NET. The old PHP codebase will no longer be extended: all focus will be on this new platform. See the news topic on sourceforge.net for detailed information.
- [2006-12-08] New site online, approximates the layout of Toes Online ;). Moreover, much work has been done in rewriting of code towards C#: it has been 90% completed and has lead to many improvements such as increased performance, easier to refactor, less bugs due compilation, etc.
- [2006-11-15] As of Semptember 2006, I've been rewriting Toes Online! PHP was not suitable anymore now that the system began to grow towards a moderate size system. It is now rewritten under C# to be run on Mono (or a Microsoft server).